Sunday 29 September 2013

At Harasar Haveli,Bikaner

So I have survived my penultimate day of touring Rajastahn ,we have about 350k to travel back to Jaipur tomorrow.Perhaps and if I survive,the greatest favour I could bestow on India and the world would be to shoot my driver dead,the man is too dangerous for description.About 100,000 people lose their lives on the roads of India per year,conservatively if even only 4 people are injured per death we are looking ay maybe 500,000 or half a million tragedies per annum that do not need to happen.
Each time we drive between cities I see the detritus of this road toll,the smashed,crushed heaps of scrap metal on the roadside,that signify survival was not possible.
OK have just had a chicken masala dinner with a Kingfisher so will climb down from the soapbox now and dwell on the problem facing me,on the morrow I will be expected to reward the guy with a significant tip,which I will do but no way am I going to endorse his driving which he will also expect .I am sure arrival at final destination alive and well =accomplished driving,in his estimation.
One sort of hazard
Another
And another

No comments:

Post a Comment