Wednesday 25 September 2013

Udaipur

The 425 k ride was something of a trial,I was pretty much a nervous wreck after facing oncoming sudden death multiple times during the road trip from Jaipur to Udaipur.I had a short stop at Pushkar,a very holy town and the site of the only Brahma temple in the world,at a ghat on the holy lake I made my offering of spice,salt,sugar,rice,saffron lotus petals and marigolds.I repeated after the priest prayers to Brahma,Vishnu,and Shiva and had my entire previous karma ended and left with brand new spanking karma.My confessed atheism just attracted a benign smile and a shake of the head.
Anyway here I am in the wonderfully romantic town of Udaipur,surrounded by mountains and a lake at the center I am rather sorry to have to leave.
Just kidding
Pushkar lake
Even the cows are Yogis
Watching me watching him
Road block ahead
Oncoming traffic
Haveli Window view,Udaipur 

No comments:

Post a Comment