Sunday 27 October 2013

Phobjikha valley to Choekhor Valley

Last glimpse of the Valley.


Today's journey was another 6 and a half hour drive over high altitude passes,mountains and  valleys to the Bumthang region.The scenery as ever spectacular,the passes breathlessly (literally) beautiful and for once the road was good for most of the way.I was merely apprehensive today instead of terrified so perhaps I am becoming more stoic and accepting of driving for hours at a time on ledges with precipitous drops,now I only grip my seat when inching over the many landslip areas.Maybe I have been blessed so often now by eminent personages that my gratitude is due in that direction?
Am now in Bumthang which is a confluence of 4 high altitude valleys and said to resemble Switzerland in appearance,they grow buckwheat here,my excuse for sampling the pancakes.
Yaks at Pele La
Tashi (Guide) and Ugyen (Driver).
11500 ft
Throngsa Monastery
Choekhor Monastery.



No comments:

Post a Comment