Sunday 13 October 2013

Spectacular Flight

Currently waiting at Delhi airport for connecting flight to Chandigarh.The airport is everything that India is not ,it is relatively quiet,it is very clean and one of the most up to date and uncluttered airports I have been to,did I mention that it is huge, by the way the transfer security recheck here in Delhi again found the mini scissors in my first aid kit providing some light relief when I dug them out of my pack and showed off the one inch blades.
The early morning flight from Leh was all I hoped it would be after the usual military and police security (5 or 6 )document checks,scans,frisks and pat downs,each passenger has to ID his luggage on the apron under the watchful eyes of sub-machine gun toting soldiers before it gets loaded.We took off on time,I had requested a window seat and had one,unfortunately over the wing but I was still grateful because the view for the next hour was for me the best everl,like being an extra in a National Geographic movie.The weather was perfect and the views of horizon to horizon giant snow capped peaks, glaciers,valleys and rivers was something to behold,the fellow in the seat next to me slept the whole way,I don't think I could ever be so complacent about such beautiful scenery.
Taking Off.

Miles of Mountains





No comments:

Post a Comment